June 9, 2011
We are delighted to announce the new John R. Turk branch in The Northern Territory. John R. Turk Palmerston is now officially open for business and ready to serve customers in the Palmerston/ Yarrawonga area.
You’ll find the new Palmerston Branch at: 2/1 Calvin Street Yarrawonga, NT 0830
The New Osram Nightlux lights up dark corridors, steps, closets, corners, basements and even the garage. The Nightlux is water resistant and weather resistant making it just perfect for indoor and outdoor usage. The Nightlux is designed to focus its light on the lower third of any room. If mounted at hip height, NIGHTLUX with its three LED lamps lights up every obstacles and thus minimises the risk of accidents. It switches off automatically after either 10 or 60 seconds, you decide.
The Nightlux works without cables and runs on conventional AAA batteries which last up to a year. The LED strip can be swivelled up and down by 60 degrees.
- Weatherproof for indoor and outdoor lighting
- Screws, magnet, adhesive foil
- Integrated motion sensor
- Auto-modus (10 sec., 60 sec.)
The Spylux is a battery-powered, weather-resistant lamp that reacts to even the slightest movement and makes rummaging around in the basement or the attic much easier thanks to a bright LED light. SPYLUX can not only be fitted to almost anything using screws, glue or a magnetic fitting, but it also has a flexible moving head so you can point the light in any direction you want. And if you don’t have a torch to hand, you can simply take the SPYLUX out of its holder and use the little lamp on the move. SPYLUX also improves safety outside the house. The integrated movement sensor reacts to moving objects or people over a radius of up to four metres – making it ideal for exterior lighting on garages, garden sheds or holiday homes.
- Battery-powered, weatherproof light
- Screws, magnet, adhesive foil
- Automatic night-time motion sensor mode
June 2, 2011
The 2011 Budget has announced the rollout of digital television services in a big way. Are you ready for the digital TV revolution? Is your business positioned to take advantage of the opportunities this announcement will create? Television will be broadcasted in digital format all over Australia by the end of 2013, but what difference will it make to our lives? Here is what you need to know about digital TV.
Australia is currently engaged in the process of switching from analogue to digital TV broadcasting. This process is being managed by the Australian Government’s Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy. This department has set up a taskforce called the Digital Switchover Taskforce. Over the next few years, the Government will be turning off the current signal that carries the television signal (analogue) and replacing it with a digital signal. It is a phased roll out that began in Mildura on 29th June 2010 and every region in Australia will be switched over to digital by the 31st of December 2013.
Why is Australia moving to digital TV?
1 To keep up to date with technology.
- It’s important that Australia keeps pace with worldwide changes in technology.
- Overseas programs are increasingly being recorded in the digital format only.
- Australian TV shows need to be recorded in the digital
- format to be easily exported overseas.
2 To free up broadcast space.
- In Australia, TV is currently broadcast in both digital and analog signals – this is costly and inefficient.
- Turning off the analog signals will free up space that could be used for other services for the community.
3 To improve your viewing experience.
- Picture and sound quality on digital TV is better than analogue.
- Pictures on digital TV can be seen in widescreen.
- You’ll still have the same free-to-air channels, plus some new ones, so you’ll have more choice.
There are a number of ways you can switch from analogue to digital TV now.
If you have an older TV and you’d like to keep it you can convert it to digital with:
- A high definition set top box or a high definition recording device known as a PVR (Personal Video Recorder).
- A home entertainment consol (like a play station 3) that has both PVR and TV tuner capability with play TV attached.
Any of these will decode the signal and convert your TV to digital.
|Some great products to get you started!
You can upgrade to a high definition TV that has a digital tuner built in. If you already have one of these, then you are ready to go!
If your equipment is not working try one of the following:
- Re-tune your TV.
- Check your cables are in good condition and are connected properly.
- If you use an indoor antenna now, you will need to replace it with an external digital ready antenna to ensure you receive the best digital signal.
- Check your external antenna. You may require the expertise of an Endorsed Electrical Contractor/Installer to ensure you have the correct antenna and check for signal strength. In most cases if the antenna is an older one, it may need replacing.
For further information visit www.digitalready.gov.au or www.freeview.com.au
For information on training and how you can obtain accreditation click here.
LED technology has been around for some time, consuming considerably less energy than other light sources. LED is a highly efficient light source, making it an ideal application for emergency lighting.
Excel LED Spitfire
The new Stanilite Excel LED Spitfire range has been designed to provide high visibility whilst remaining architecturally pleasing. The Excel LED Spitfire comes with high quality electronic components offering the best performance at a value for money price.
A full range of products are available in Recessed, Surface Mount and Weatherproof Surface Mount; in Standard, Nexus LX and Nexus RF. There are single and dual LED fittings available, ensuring you have a product for all applications.
|Available to purchase Online now:
7W Spitfire D12.5 Non Maintained Recessed Emergency Fitting with 85mm head, flex & plug
10W Spitfire D20 Non Maintained Recessed Emergency Fitting with 85mm head, flex & plug
Nexus LX 10W Spitfire D20 Non Maintained Recessed Emergency Fitting with 85mm head, flex & plug
7W Spitfire D12.5 Non Maintained Recessed Emergency Fitting with 141mm head, flex & plug
There is a vandal resistant version available low maintenance – Ideal for factories and warehouses. Also available is the weather proof the surface mount that features polycarbonate IP65 weather proof enclose, it’s low maintenance so its perfect for carparks and coolrooms.
|Available to purchase online now:
Spitfire, 10W, Non maintained, 2HR, flex and plug, small head weatherproof head
Nexus LX 10W Spitfire D20 Non Maintained Surface Mounted Emergency Fitting
10W Spitfire D20 Non Maintained Surface Mounted Emergency Fitting